Our feasibility studies are to help clients assess the practicality and viability of a business idea, plan or project, determining whether the project could be successful from technical, operational, financial and legal perspectives.
Why Feasibility Study
A (pre) feasibility study is the next step once an investment opportunity or its market dynamics have been identified. Not everything in Vietnam works the same way it does in your home country. The feasibility study first helps confirm the practicality of your business idea/ plan/project and further evaluate whether the project could succeed from technical, operational, financial and legal perspectives with economic justification. Our services help to ensure client’s intended investment is worthwhile.
DCPA leverages on our numerous strengths (elaborated in Why DCPA below) to develop sound analyses and appropriate recommendations (regarding GO or NO-GO course of action). Our work is generally both quantitative and qualitative, based on intensive field research and respective modeling (which utilizes outputs of the field investigations). Our facts-based, results-driven approach enables a deep and practical understanding of the subject matter and ensures the real issues are identified, explored and quantified.
Pre-feasibility study is a more preliminary version of feasibility study and can be skipped in many cases.
- Sound combination of market knowledge (in-house and external experts), business/ entrepreneurial experience and analytics which turns data into insights
- Practical approach with facts-based, results-driven, highly-tailored market studies with a view to identifying on your behalf the right market entry and growth strategies for Vietnam
- Focused perspectives and analyses to enhance clients’ decision-making, performance and growth
- Nationwide coverage enabled by our team members coming from and practically working across various parts of the country – by projects (i.e. North, South, Central Highlands, Mekong Delta). Our extended coverage may include Laos and Cambodia (greater Indochina).
What DCPA can help
- Establish suitable financial models for the project evaluation
- Select and measure parameters of the models basing on reliable sources of data, such as capital expenditures (CAPEX), revenue streams and cost structures, annual growth, years of operation, market size and trends, discount rates (WACC), etc.
- Identify and determine criteria that are suitable for assessing the project’s feasibility
- Identify various scenarios with different levels of risks (normally comprising base case, better case and worse case) and accordingly determine the results of financial feasibility (essentially including IRR and payback period) for each scenario.
Our Select Clients & Projects
IT infrastructure & services, S.Korea
Pre FS for a Hanoi-based hyperscale data center FDI project.
FS for international grant for a micro hydro power project based in Laos
FS for a sustanable shrimp farming project based in Mekong Delta