Market Entry Strategy Advisory
Based on relevant Vietnam market insights, we help you identify business opportunities and determine the most appropriate market entry strategy accordingly.
Vietnam Market Entry Strategies Advisory
Despite its increasing attractiveness, Vietnam is a tough place for market entry due to its numerous idiosyncrasies and challenges notably information non-transparency. Foreign firms planning to enter the Vietnamese market must plan strategically and should seek local help in: i) market understanding; ii) market entry strategy formulization; and iii) on-the-ground support in strategy implementation.
Vietnam market entry generally can be done via indirect and direct channels, with a phase-in option to start with indirect follow-by direct presence. The most common form of indirect entry is the appointment of an agent or distributor. Firms seeking a direct presence in Vietnam (commercial and/or manufacturing operation) should go straight to the FDI license for a subsidiary to be incorporated under Vietnamese laws.
A critical task in market entry strategizing is the pro-and-con analysis that would typically include the weighing, scoring and ranking of various market entry options (strategic choices) to arrive at workable recommendations enhance the client’s decision-making process.
- Sound combination of market knowledge (in-house and external experts), business/ entrepreneurial experience and analytics which turns data insight into productive advice
- Practical approach with facts-based, results-driven, practical analyses
- Focused perspectives and analyses to enhance clients’ decision-making, performance and growth,
- Value-for-money services,
What DCPA can help
The market entry analysis of the pros and cons of different market entry strategic choices normally comprising:
- Commercial alliance (i.e. distributorship, product licensing, franchising, contracted manufacturing, other strategic alliances or partnerships such as BOT, BTO, BT)
- Strategic acquisition of a local established player
- Greenfield investment (joint venture with a local established player or a wholly-owned FDI company)
- A combination of one or more of the above choices with a phase-in option or all-at-once option.
Featured Track Record
Other Market Entry & Investment Advisory services
Send Us an Inquiry or RFP
B17-16, Sunrise City View, 33 Nguyen Huu Tho St., Dist. 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2/F Helios Tower A, 75 Tam Trinh St., Hoang Mai Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
+84 965 964 896